I've had it with this piece of shit

All the megabytes you can eat! Discuss anything related to hardware right here. Got a cool gaming rig you want to show off? Is green better than red? How's that case mod coming along?
correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

I've had it with this piece of shit

Post by correa81 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:31 pm

I turn it on to play the damn thing turns off by itself 3 times then I get a blue screen of death this thing is nothing but issues after issues even the ouya didn't give these types of issues 😡

Mireille2015

Re: I've had it with this piece of shit

Post by Mireille2015 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:38 pm

I'm sorry your having issues. I had to install a fresh win build. It could be heating up to a point where it shuts itself to preserve the integrity. WheatPasta has been using a different cooling fan to improve stability.

If, there is a moment you wish to depart your Replay. I'll take it off your hands and rebuild it. My brother is a disabled vet, who enjoys a little retro himself. Again, I apologize for your issues!
Be sure to visit WheatPasta and me on Discord. Where we can respond quicker and get you resolved on your issue quickly!

correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by correa81 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:26 am

Mireille2015 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:38 pm
I'm sorry your having issues. I had to install a fresh win build. It could be heating up to a point where it shuts itself to preserve the integrity. WheatPasta has been using a different cooling fan to improve stability.

If, there is a moment you wish to depart your Replay. I'll take it off your hands and rebuild it. My brother is a disabled vet, who enjoys a little retro himself. Again, I apologize for your issues!
I don't want to get rid of it after the 4th time I turned it on it started working the thing was only on for 10 minutes

WheatPasta

Post by WheatPasta » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:33 am

correa81 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:26 am
I don't want to get rid of it after the 4th time I turned it on it started working the thing was only on for 10 minutes
It sounds like your fan plug might be loose. Thus the fan is not coming on, and the Replay is turning itself off to keep from overheating.

If you flip the Replay over, remove the hard drive bay, and unloosen the four screws you will be able to get inside. If you use the stock front end you will want to place a piece of clear tape over the front end key as it tends to rub off. With the four screws off put your hand on the top cover so it does not fall off, and then turn it over. Once it is over lift the top lid off. Just make sure to go easy because the blue LED is plugged into the board.

With the top off check the fan plug. Perhaps un-bundle and re lay the wires, and then push the fan plug down gently. The fan plug is the one in the middle so to speak. One is the LED, and I believe the other is the power for the WiFi card maybe.
Then turn the Replay on and it should be okay. Let it run for a bit to make sure, and the secure the lid back on.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

correa81
Member Level 3
Member Level 3

Post by correa81 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:16 am

WheatPasta wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:33 am
correa81 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:26 am
It sounds like your fan plug might be loose. Thus the fan is not coming on, and the Replay is turning itself off to keep from overheating.

If you flip the Replay over, remove the hard drive bay, and unloosen the four screws you will be able to get inside. If you use the stock front end you will want to place a piece of clear tape over the front end key as it tends to rub off. With the four screws off put your hand on the top cover so it does not fall off, and then turn it over. Once it is over lift the top lid off. Just make sure to go easy because the blue LED is plugged into the board.

With the top off check the fan plug. Perhaps un-bundle and re lay the wires, and then push the fan plug down gently. The fan plug is the one in the middle so to speak. One is the LED, and I believe the other is the power for the WiFi card maybe.
Then turn the Replay on and it should be okay. Let it run for a bit to make sure, and the secure the lid back on.
Thanks for the tip but I don't want to mess with it like that of fear I might break something when it comes to things like that I'm no good