Patch update

Stay up to date with the latest news.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Loading…

Patch update

Post by Mike » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:09 pm

It's been quite a while since the last update, so there's a lot of info here. First, I apologize for the lateness of this update. Everyone's been waiting on the big patch to address the outstanding issues that some Replays are having with some TV's, and some controllers. Due to its size, we have separated the patch into two sections. After testing we released the first of the two patches about two weeks ago. Everyone should now have it whether or not they are in the early adopter's program.

That first patch addressed several little bugs like Vsync in MAME and N64 sound. The second half will address issues with configuring controllers. Specifically, it will connect any Xinput controller to the Replay without having to do any configuration. Since most modern controllers use Xinput, it should make the process of adding and connecting controllers much simpler. However, if you have an older controller, you can still use the configuration you setup, or create a new one.

The Xinput code is complete and is currently in internal testing. We hope to release it this week for users in the early adopter's program. Everyone else should get it about a week later. With this patch complete, we are able to move towards smaller fixes, improvements, and other things like adding more games.

Originally we had planned on selling the Replay again once we had these updated patches and simplified setup complete. However, I was recently in China and there is a major Intel chip shortage right now. We are unable to get the CPU used in the Replay at all, and the next closest has increased in price $20-$25.

We know some of you are waiting to buy a second Replay or have friends or family who want one, so we are going to try to release a limited number of Replays, around 100 units. These are new systems that Amazon temporarily "lost" in their system, but have since been returned to us (I am sure many of you will remember waiting weeks for your Replay to ship from Amazon).

When those go on sale we'll make an announcement here first, followed by Kickstarter, and our e-mail lists. This will hopefully ensure that everyone waiting for a Replay can get one.

After that, the next batch won't be released until later this year. Right now our suppliers are guessing it will be around July or August before Intel can fully address the shortage. That means, except for the stock we have left, no new Replays will be ready until the 4th quarter—call it Christmas to be safe. We believe, now that all the major kinks are worked out it will be worth the wait.

GamingZ BC

Re: Patch update

Post by GamingZ BC » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:24 pm

Thanks for update Mike.
Question of course this will be later on after the more important stuff are done but later on will you be adding the other emulators the dreamcade supports to the Retro Reload search thing? Like PSP,PS1,Gamecube etc....?

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:34 pm

GamingZ BC wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:24 pm
.........the Retro Reload search thing? Like PSP,PS1,Gamecube etc....?
If I'm not mistaken, large file roms would typically need to be streamed through steam. As "friendly" websites become more scarce, finding roms will be harder to search online.
"There is no Replay! Only Zuul!"

Tenshinoshi
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Post by Tenshinoshi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:27 pm

Any word on if any upcoming updates will address the exorbitant load time that happens every single time you go to the main menu? I have a 1TB SSD filled with ROMs and every time I exit a game it takes upwards of 15 minutes for the system to scan for files and show me all the emulators I have access to. Every. Single. Time. Can’t it create an index to read instead and we tell it to scan for changes manually?
I aim to misbehave

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:06 pm

Yes.
To be upfront what I'm experiencing, the loading will take a moment as usual at first. After that, it will load much quicker. I did noticed there is a gamelist build for each system. I did dump around 5000 roms.

But I will continue to "beat" up this update!!

cybrsage
Loading…

Post by cybrsage » Sun May 05, 2019 8:57 pm

What version number should we have? I still have 1.33. Manually checking for updates shows I have none.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:57 pm

cybrsage wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:57 pm
What version number should we have? I still have 1.33. Manually checking for updates shows I have none.
The first wave was minor. So no change in the revision. Second wave should be released soon. Hopefully this week. There was more testing that had to be done over the weekend.

retroman

Post by retroman » Tue May 07, 2019 1:29 am

Any news how we will know when the update is complete? Or where to update and if it will update automatically?

cybrsage
Loading…

Post by cybrsage » Tue May 07, 2019 2:35 am

retroman wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:29 am
Any news how we will know when the update is complete? Or where to update and if it will update automatically?
Mine auto updated last night.

OSUTommy
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by OSUTommy » Tue May 07, 2019 4:58 pm

to 1.33? or did it update to a new version #?