Replay Patch Released for Manual Install

Stay up to date with the latest news.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Loading…

Replay Patch Released for Manual Install

Post by Mike » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:59 am

We're finally releasing the latest update for the Replay. I want to apologize for how long it's taken to get released. There were several things that caused this; one of the biggest is that a lot of users now have many different configurations on their devices. For example, different patch levels of software or Windows and changes to device configurations. There are even some hardware differences as people have added drives, moved the OS, or even made their systems dual boot.

Regardless, this release has taken us much longer than we excepted. And I sincerely apologize for that.

Because the vast majority of users are not reporting problems, we'd decided to release this patch as a manual update, but one that's simple to install.

You can download it here: http://dreamcade.com/patches/replay_patch_9_26_2019.zip

Here's the install steps:
- Exit the menu.

- Open Windows Explorer and make a a backup of your menu folder (typically c:\menu).

- Download the file on your Replay device.

- Open the file.

- Copy the menu folder to the C drive (assuming you haven't moved your menu folder).

- Overwrite files when prompted.

- Re-enter the menu.

If you run into any problems, just post the details on the board. At least one programmer is checking for support requests daily.

GamingZ BC

Re: Replay Patch Released for Manual Install

Post by GamingZ BC » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:42 am

How do I backup menu folder (typically c:\menu)?

Also what does update do?

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:13 pm

GamingZ BC wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:42 am

To back up the C:\menu. You can click and drag to another drive, example USB stick. Or copy and paste. But be warned. The menu folder contains a ton of files to be transferred or copied.
Be sure to visit WheatPasta and me on Discord. Where we can respond quicker and get you resolved on your issue quickly!

Trevyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trevyn » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:19 pm

GamingZ BC wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:42 am

A lot of minor bug fixes.

The most important changes are:
1) XInput controllers should now be automatically configured instead of requiring the manual setup.
2) The menu now starts up more cleanly and efficiently.

GamingZ BC

Post by GamingZ BC » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:37 pm

Ok thanks.
I did the backup when it was originally recommended last year. Just wanted to make sure it was that same one. Thank you for the help both of you. Glad the Replay is still being supported
I never lost hope but I was starting to worry. But I figured either you guys were busy or something had happened to delay things.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:35 pm

Here is what I'm seeing.
Attachments
20190927_135902.jpg
Errors
20190927_135902.jpg (3.61 MiB) Viewed 277 times
Be sure to visit WheatPasta and me on Discord. Where we can respond quicker and get you resolved on your issue quickly!

Djarra 74@gmail.com
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Post by Djarra 74@gmail.com » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:22 am

Will this eventually be released as an auto update in the future? Seems like a lot of stuffing around.

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:21 pm

Mireille2015 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:35 pm
Here is what I'm seeing.

Ah, I have the culprit that is causing my error messages. It's some custom XML I've done to the front end

Mireille2015

Post by Mireille2015 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:23 pm

Djarra 74@gmail.com wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:22 am
Will this eventually be released as an auto update in the future? Seems like a lot of stuffing around.
As Mike mentioned before. Only a manual update will be provided. And not a push update. By now, folks have changed or mod their Replay where the update may not work.

GamingZ BC

Post by GamingZ BC » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:05 pm

I found a problem after the update. It has only happened twice so far. But The replay frontend loads but after ioads the screen turns black and neither hitting ESC on keyboard or Start+Select on controller etc... works. I have to hold the button on the dreamcade till it tells me to swipe down to shutdown. Then when I Click it. It starts Shutting Down. After I turn it on again in works fine.