Anyone Using as a Mini PC?

All the megabytes you can eat! Discuss anything related to hardware right here. Got a cool gaming rig you want to show off? Is green better than red? How's that case mod coming along?
anta19
Member Level 1
Member Level 1

Anyone Using as a Mini PC?

Post by anta19 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:53 pm

I haven't opened up this PoS since the first month I got it but have been considering building a small emulation PC but then remembered I had this. Is anyone using their dreamcade as just a mini PC and using launchbox or anything other than the crappy dreamcade software?

Mireille2015

Re: Anyone Using as a Mini PC?

Post by Mireille2015 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:14 pm

Wheatpasta has used Launchbox on the Replay. Only downside is Bigbox requires more juice for it. I have used Retroarch and Attractmode myself. Both work great. I did put out a simple "DIY" to change out the current emulators and completely run on Retroarch with out any changes to other features. My only complaint is the loading time from cold boot. If your one of those users who has large sets of roms. You will be waiting patiently. I did a quick script to run Attractmode in the Dreamcade FE. So, for now it's my go to secondary FE.

WheatPasta wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:56 pm
Be sure to visit WheatPasta and me on Discord. Where we can respond quicker and get you resolved on your issue quickly!

WheatPasta
Loading…

Re: Anyone Using as a Mini PC?

Post by WheatPasta » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:41 am

anta19 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:53 pm
Is anyone using their dreamcade as just a mini PC and using launchbox or anything other than the crappy dreamcade software?
I use LaunchBox with RetroArch on mine. If you want to run PS1 games use the PSX-Rearmed core. The others run slow or buggy on the Replay.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.