3/6 - Update: Final Specs and Pre-orders Begin

Stay up to date with the latest news.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Loading…

3/6 - Update: Final Specs and Pre-orders Begin

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:05 am

We’re in the home stretch. I’m heading to Shenzhen tomorrow to finalize the contract. We still have a backup manufacturer; however we are so far into the process with the first factory we’re releasing photos and final specs now. They are starting the printing process for the manual, box, & cover, while the attorneys are finishing the due diligence (checking licensing, insurance, etc).

The Replay will come with an Apollo Lake 2.4Ghz CPU, with 4GB RAM & 32GB SSD, HDMI, VGA, 5Ghz Wifi, NIC, Micro SD, M.2 slot, & USB 3.0 (these specs won't change even if we switch manufactures). The system is rated to run in Turbo mode for over 4 hours, though in testing it runs indefinitely.

We’ve also separated Dream Arcades Inc. and Dreamcade llc into two separate companies. We need to do this both for accounting and also because our main sales line is starting to get swamped with questions about the Replay. 100% of both the Replay Funderdome winnings and Kickstarter proceeds have been transferred to Dreamcade llc. The same staff will be working on the project, so this change is really mainly on paper.

We’ve started sending out the Kickstarter surveys, and there's a special page where backers can purchase upgrades, extra controllers, etc. Since I’m heading to China, it’s probably going to take a little longer to get everyone their surveys, so don’t worry if it takes a week or so before you get yours. In the meantime, you can checkout and purchase all our great add-ons & upgrades here: http://www.dreamcade.com/Store/backers.html

Additionally, we’re going to start taking pre-orders for anyone who missed out on the Kickstarter (Currently USA only, international options will be added soon). While they won’t get the same upgrades, freebies, and pricing as the original backers, they will save quite a bit over the regular price, so be sure to let your friends know. Here’s the link: http://www.dreamcade.com/Store

Finally, we're getting review units ready to ship out. We're going to try to have the first batch sent out by the end of the week.

I'm going to be swamped going forward, so I probably won't respond to most of the replied here, but Matthew and Steve will be following up on this thread regularly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JJ23

Re: 3/6 - Update: Final Specs and Pre-orders Begin

Post by JJ23 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:28 am

Is that the same model of controller as the red Samurai controller , looks very close to it ?

Daleb100

Post by Daleb100 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:33 am

Can you share an estimated shipping date? Also is there a final list of licensed games that will be included? Thanks!

dandiego

Post by dandiego » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:36 am

Not a fan of the honeycomb pattern. I think it would look better with just the Dreamcade Replay logo, and nothing else.

schmegs

Post by schmegs » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:37 am

Does the free shipping only apply to the physical upgrades to the Dreamcade? Adding a Mini Keyboard to my cart adds a shipping charge, but adding the drive dock doesn't.

dirtmcgurt
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Post by dirtmcgurt » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:52 am

I am very excited to get this information. And I am hesitant to complain about an otherwise great Kickstarter project, but I am disappointed that it looks like we won't get the NES retro style controllers that were shown on the original Kickstarter page. When I backed the Kickstarter I knew that everything was subject to change, but it's just a real bummer that I spent the extra money for the extra controllers just to end up getting controllers that look like the knockoff ones that you give your little brother because you want to use the "good" one.
Last edited by dirtmcgurt on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Loading…

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:59 am

JJ23 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:28 am
Is that the same model of controller as the red Samurai controller , looks very close to it ?
I don't think so. Can you provide me a link to the controller?
Daleb100 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:33 am
Can you share an estimated shipping date? Also is there a final list of licensed games that will be included? Thanks!
We're hoping to ship out the first units in 30 days from Friday. The manufacturer has started on the printing, so I am hoping to shave a few days, but honestly, that might be wishful thinking. I'm speaking to an IP owner tomorrow before my flight. Once we sign, I'll post a list of titles. I think we'll ink the deal, and honestly while there aren't a lot of big names, there's a very good sampling. I think there's more than one game for most of the systems, which is nice.
dandiego wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:36 am
Not a fan of the honeycomb pattern. I think it would look better with just the Dreamcade Replay logo, and nothing else.
Sorry, we got good feedback from reviewers. However, as a Kickstarter backer you'll get the free overlay stickers which can be swapped out (they are made of the same stuff as Fathead wall stickers), so you can cover up the hexagons!
schmegs wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:37 am
Does the free shipping only apply to the physical upgrades to the Dreamcade? Adding a Mini Keyboard to my cart adds a shipping charge, but adding the drive dock doesn't.
That's my screw-up. It's fixed now (just refresh the page). If you see any more errors let me know!
dirtmcgurt wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:52 am
I am very excited to get this information. And I am hesitant to complain about an otherwise great Kickstarter project, but I am disappointed that it looks like we won't get the NES retro style controllers that were shown on the original Kickstarter page. When I backed the Kickstarter I knew that everything was subject to change, but it's just a real bummer that I spent the extra money for the extra controllers just to end up getting controllers that look like the knockoff ones that you give your little brother because you want to use the "good" one.
If you backed for the two or more controller option you can chose the NES30 Pro as your second controller. The only issue would be you'll have to do the Bluetooth connection yourself. But since the first controller uses a dongle you can use it to navigate Windows (we have a custom joystick mouse driver) and connect your second controller (you can access the Bluetooth settings right from the menu). We'll ask about controller options when we send out the backer survey.
Last edited by Mike on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: clarification

dirtmcgurt
Member Level 1
Member Level 1
Loading…

Post by dirtmcgurt » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:12 am

Mike wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:59 am
dirtmcgurt wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:52 am
If you backed for the two or more controller option you can chose the NES30 Pro as your second controller. The only issue would be you'll have to do the Bluetooth connection yourself. But since the first controller uses a dongle you can use it to navigate Windows (we have a custom joystick mouse driver) and connect your second controller (you can access the Bluetooth settings right from the menu). We'll ask about controller options when we send out the backer survey.
This is great news. Thank you for that update. I would also be interested in how much of the 32GB SSD gets taken up by Windows 10 and Dreamcade software. Some roms can take up a good chunk of space and I want to be prepared if I need to buy your extra HDD.

dandiego

Post by dandiego » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:13 am

Ok, good to know about the overlays, thanks!

Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Loading…

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:27 am

dirtmcgurt wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:12 am
Mike wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:59 am
This is great news. Thank you for that update. I would also be interested in how much of the 32GB SSD gets taken up by Windows 10 and Dreamcade software. Some roms can take up a good chunk of space and I want to be prepared if I need to buy your extra HDD.
NP. If I recall everything (OS with latest updates/menu/software) takes up right about 20GB (If I'm wrong Matthew will correct me tomorrow). We've been using micro SD cards, and though they are much slower than a Hard Drive or M.2 flash drive, I've been happy with the speed.