Hard drive case

If you have hardware related issues with your Replay unit then look here for answers. If you can't find your answer, then make a post and someone will help you out.
Jlsscorpio
Member Level 2
Member Level 2

Hard drive case

Post by Jlsscorpio » Tue May 29, 2018 6:59 pm

I ordered the 120 gb msata version, my question is, will i be able to order the harddrive case and put my own harddrive in it later on?
"With great power, comes great electric bill"

WheatPasta
Loading…

Re: Hard drive case

Post by WheatPasta » Tue May 29, 2018 8:32 pm

Jlsscorpio wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 6:59 pm
will i be able to order the harddrive case and put my own harddrive in it later on?
I thought I seen on the store page you could order it, but that must have just been on the early backer store. I did a quick glance on both Amazon and eBay to see if you could just buy the Acepc AK! hard drive base, but I could not find it separate.

Unless Dream Arcades put this on the regular store for page unfortunately i am not sure if you will be able to get one by it self. Perhaps Steve will pop in with a solution though.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

Steve
Staff
Staff

Post by Steve » Wed May 30, 2018 4:49 pm

At the moment we don't have the option for the hard drive enclosure on its own. That said if you have a dreamcade replay with the hard drive enclosure yes, of course, you can install the hard drive at a later date.

If we do plan to offer the enclosure on its own we will let you know. It's possibly a manufacturer issue
I'm Lank from California!

Choaf
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Post by Choaf » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:37 pm

This is one upside to it being the off the shelf shell. You might be able to find the enclosure on the internet. I know gearbest sells the whole setup together ACEPC AK1. But, i would think you might be able to find just the enclosure.
In god we trust, all others must pay cash.

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:09 pm

Choaf wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:37 pm
i would think you might be able to find just the enclosure.
I did a quick glance on Amazon and eBay with no luck. Now that you mentioned Gearbest I checked AliExpress. Still came up empty. My only other suggestion would be to contact a seller on eBay or Ali, and see if you could work something out. Maybe they have an extra base laying around for some reason and would be willing to let it go.
If you are having a software problem be it front end, Windows, or want to try RetroArch and LauchBox but need help feel free to contact me. Post on the forum, PM here, or on Discord. I will be more then happy to do my best to get you sorted.

J.Max19

Post by J.Max19 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:33 am

Amazon UK has them if you live in Europe.

ACEPC AK1 Type-C to SATA External Hard Disk Drive Enclosure Case for 2.5" SATA HDD and SSD[Support up to 2TB] for AK1 Mini PC https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07979ZK9M/ ... hBbMQTTWPQ

Choaf
Member Level 4
Member Level 4

Post by Choaf » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:56 pm

J.Max19 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:33 am
Amazon UK has them if you live in Europe.

ACEPC AK1 Type-C to SATA External Hard Disk Drive Enclosure Case for 2.5" SATA HDD and SSD[Support up to 2TB] for AK1 Mini PC https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07979ZK9M/ ... hBbMQTTWPQ
Cool thanks I knew somewhere would have it by itself to bad that only Europe addresses work. But, hey where there is a will there is a way.
In god we trust, all others must pay cash.

WheatPasta
Loading…

Post by WheatPasta » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:27 pm

I was going to say if you have any Amazon account you can log into .uk and order, but I see it's a third party seller that does not ship to the US

8bitmemory

Post by 8bitmemory » Sun May 19, 2019 7:41 pm

I recently purchased one of those ACEPC AK1 hard drive enclosures separately off of Amazon along with a120gb ssd. Unfortunately, the drive doesn't even show up on when I try to access it. I'm new to Windows and an wondering if I'm missing a step. I assumed it would just plug and play.

Avanlanchearmy

Post by Avanlanchearmy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:46 am

Hello, so I don't know if anyone is still checking any of this, but my replay has run out of room. I am no longer downloading windows updates becasue the unit itself it too full. I moved all my games onto a SD card, but I can't do anything about the windows updates and now it won't download anymore. I unfortunately did not buy the external harddrive or enclosure when the kickstarter was still going. Also I am not all that savvy with the part I read about installing mSATA and cloning the eMMC, not sure what all that entails. But what I would like to do (if possible at this point), is buy the correct hard-drive with an enclosure and move everything over to it (via the above-mentioned cloning way I guess). I just don't know where to go here in the community page to find step by step instuctions on how to do that as well as links to where I can buy the hardware needed. Thank you if anyone sees this and responds